Saturday, December 22, 2007

29 going on 30

Today is exactly the end of the 10th month of my 29th birthyear before I hit dreißig jahre or sanjyu sai. Yes, exactly 2 more months before I hit that age. The man who thinks he is still young, yet he gets older by the day. Now you see me in those flowery shirt? That's me. Yes, that's how I look like in that shirt. This pic was taken after I had one of my clubbing sessions in one of the local Penang bars.

They say life starts at 30, but no, for me, the real enjoyable life starts at my tender age of 22, when I first gained my independence and freedom while I was in Nottingham, UK, having fun with friends in pubs and bars and enjoyed myself till the wee hours of the morning. That's really the first time I tried drinking whiskey and beer till I get quite drunk. Life was good then.
Then, 23 hit me. And next came 24. Life was still great at that time. I was in Liverpool studying my Masters degree. Well, the good thing is, the British life is really a life after all! No wonder those British people know well how to really enjoy their lives.

Fast forward the time, and my age reached 25. That's when I started working, in KL. Well, as I was staying with my parents at that time, I was literally stuck at home. Can't really go out and enjoy the night away with friends. Guess my parents were really too protective. And so, that good free life stops there, albeit for a while only.

After having trained as an analog design engineer under the Selangor Human Resource Development Center in Shah Alam for a year, I was employed by a Japanese company located in Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone in Penang. At this time, I was in my third quarter of my 20s, that's 27. By then, those wild life started again. Hmmm... really, it did. Started going to some of those forbidden places, well, you know la, so I will mention no more. Clubs, pubs and bars I frequented on weekends and started to mix with various types of crowds, most of them being the crowd of the pink community, till this day. Not forgetting this blogosphere, I get to know even more bloggers of such community and one thing that really strikes my attention to them is that they are all inter-connected; I mean, they have met each other before, through this blogosphere community! Well, not really a big surprise, indeed. They are all nice people and I love them a lot, really. Some bloggers have even gone as far as developing kinship relationship with each other. How nice is that!
Well, back to my life. Quite late in my age did I actually get involved in relationships, and just only early this year did I have a true lover. Well, I did blog about this before. Remember that? Before that, I had relationship flings with a few people, but they didn't last long, the shortest I could recount was only a week. That was not really a true relationship, by most standards. It was a fling indeed.

And now, being in late age of 29, I still enjoy my life to the fullest, and still actively dancing the night away in pubs and bars in Penang. Still feel young and free, indeed. Yet, we all realise that we do get older by the day, not to mention that we realise all of us will die one day, sooner or later. To live is to dice with death every moment, that's according to Ru.

And so, you say life starts at 30? Nah, for me that's not true. Life starts when you really have the independence and freedom. And, tonight again, I am tagging my best friends along to one of the local bars in Penang. The bar of the pink community. We gonna drink and dance the night away. That's my life indeed.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

david, if ya don mind dun tok bout my lover or things related to it. i'm not comfortable talking bout tat. and i'm not open to it. sorry to sound so harsh. =p

anyway, feliz navidad!

savante said...

Whoa, story of your life! Make sure you celebrate well. The best times of your life lie ahead :)

Z said...

Still young la but I do say I am very afraid of aging.

hrugaar said...

To wear that flowery shirt is also dicing with death, perhaps. ;P Happpy Christmas.

Little Prince said...

oh. it's been re-edited...
*thank god*
that loud baju was just too much for my eyes...
hehe.

deeperanddeeper said...

hah? where's the flowery baju???

Cyclohelix said...

It's a very very late one: Happy 30th Birthday :)