Monday, October 01, 2007

Which category are you in?

Taking a cue from Magus Young, on the topic of Connected, now I proceed to write about my thoughts while I was working out in the gym today.

Today, the whole day, I have been to Fitness First (FF) at Island Plaza and Celebrity Fitness (CF) at Gurney Plaza. While I was doing the RPM (the cycling exercise routine) at FF, suddenly, the thought about "No pain, no gain" struck my mind. Thoughts after thoughts came streaming through my mind after that. So, now I would like to share those thoughts with you all. All right, here we go:

Category 1: No pain, no gain
Read: Hey you couch potato, get up from your comfort zone now and do some workout lah! Don't just stay there doing nothing! You get nothing by doing nothing!

Category 2: No pain, got gain
Read: I think you must have taken the shortcut to get that dream body, you blady cheater! You must have been taking the steroid, eh?

Category 3: Got pain, no gain
Read: Hmmm... I guess you must have done the exercise routine wrongly, man! Get a personal trainer if you can't figure out how to use that machine!

Category 4: Got pain, got gain
Read: Yay... congratulations... you have achieved what you have been dreaming for so long, all through your hard work! You have got that good-looking body!

So, which category are you in?

8 comments:

3-Seconder said...

*timidly raises hand*

Confession sir.

I think I fall into the
"NO PAIN NO GAIN" section.

I'm sorry... to.. be.. a..
POTATO!!!!

*wails*

savante said...

While you're there, could you take a picture in the shower posing? :P

William said...

Ungraft me from my couch. Then I'll answer you.

Sam said...

Whoever said these couches weren't comfy were wrong! :P

Janvier said...

Some pain, some gain - because we don't prepare (like eat or rest) right, there's pain. The gain is in the exhiliration only.

Grumpy Boi said...

>.<"

previously i was the got pain got gain section.. but now.. aiks..

very shy to say tat its no pain no gain.. hehe... lazy a bit liao.. haiz....

i m SWEET..
...
...
.....
....
...
..
..
potato...

hehe.. take k..

Ganymede said...

How about catagory 1 and catagory 4 at the same time? :P

Weird I know.

David The Man said...

3-seconder:
Get up and go workout, girl!

Savante:
Hmmm... you want to see me naked? Notty you!

William:
Got stuck in your couch? OK, I will get you ungraft and you promise to go workout, ok mate?

Sam:
Of course, they are comfy! Only thing is that if you sit there too long, I am afraid you will only "gain" that spare Michelin tyre... hehehe...

Janvier:
Ermmm... I don't quite agree with you... coz we definitely have to prepare our food (like cooking) or comfortable rest (to prepare our bed well and proper)... yes, there must be pain in order to gain something better...

Grummpy boi:
Well, gotta change yourself back to the "got pain, got gain" one, else... I am afraid with "no pain, got gain", you get that spare Michelin tyre (i.e. eat too much and get that spare tyre on your tummy)

Queer ranter:
oh... then, like what Jan says, the in-between category between Category 1 and Category 4, we get "some pain, some gain". Or "sometimes pain, sometimes gain", perhaps?