Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I promise...

Have you ever thought that we make promises and they were meant to be broken sometimes? Sure you do. People often say such and we often hear them. Promises, or rather resolutions, we always make at the start of the new year remind us of what we need to change in order to make ourselves better. But, mind you, many of us tend to go back to our old ways as the year goes by. Many of us do. Serious. Now I am no exception to this. I know I have been making promises to myself, yet old habits just die hard. **SIGH**...

Anyway, here are my 10 promises for the year, albeit coming near to the end of the year. Hopefully, I don't go back to my old habits again.

(1) I promise not to spend like a rich man. More often than not, at month's end, I am often broke.

(2) I promise not to "goyang kaki" and procrastinate at the office.

(3) I promise to save as much money as possible so that I can retire rich.

(4) I promise myself to go to gym as often as possible, which is good because I am practising this now.

(5) I promise to often update my blog, as frequently as possible, and should not back-dating posts anymore. Bad habit, indeed. First, it is a dishonest man's work. Second, you have to put in effort to catch up.

(6) I promise to often clean my rented room as often as possible. Now, take a look at these mess!

Househusbandry, you say?


Oh what a mess!

Mom's gonna kill you! Go clean it up, kid!

(7) I promise I will not keep pestering my fellow bloggers with somewhat irritating comments. Hope you all can forgive me if I do so. Thousands of apologies.

(8) I promise not to lose my temper so easily and not to be too sensitive over weenie little matters.

(9) I promise to get my future lover and my loved ones at home the best I can give. All my life, all my soul and all my heart to the ones I most dearly love.

(10) Last, but not least, I promise not to drive my car fast like it is a racing car. Look at what had happened to me! Serve me right! Now, that's the reason why I can't go to Starbucks those few days ago to blog my stuff on the net. Damn me!


Skidded on a wet road during a rainy weather and "kissed" the "ass" of the car in front.

The other car that I knocked into. Notice the exhaust pipe was out of place.


SURPRISE!!! Now, this is exactly a meme. Got caught on with the meme virus, thanks to my fellow bloggers. Time for tagging... hehehe... *smiles evilly*... OK, these are the people to be tagged (except for myself, of course!)... TADAAA!!!... here is the list...

Having said all that, will I ever learn from these mistakes? Hopefully I will. And, will I break those promises? Hopefully, I won't.

Now, go and do your meme and write down your own 10 promises you have made for yourself!

22 comments:

Z said...

Isn't it abit too early for new year resolution? Haha. I'll do it when I feel like doing it later okie. ;-)

hrugaar said...

Well, two-month resolution seem more do-able than twelve-or-more-month ones, heh. But ten of them? :s

Medie007 said...

warrrr... like tat also boleh? i mean the way u tag... bleh

J.L said...

kena another meme =_=|| belum new year sudah buat.

coolgardy said...

hey new year is not here yet leh, how can i do this? well, i will write it but definitely, i know for a fact, I will break it.

btw, thank God, you are not hurt...be xtra careful when u drive.

Sam said...

OMG. Everyone is tagged!?

savante said...

OMG! YOUR CAR!!!!

That said, I gotta say... I'd scream and faint if I walked into your room! Clean it up!

Janvier said...

Aiks to the car. Got it fixed? It's a good thing you didn't get hurt.

Two laptops. And wire hanging up on the wall? Get a day to organize the lot, see if you can clear some space.

Little Prince said...

i got laptop just that i'm travelling now. And i've a wifi phone using it now LOL, just that i needed to do some work so need a proper computer lo. :) i'll do the meme once i get home. Can't see your car's pic but good thing you're ok. Ta.

RPMnut said...

Why would anyone need TWO laptops?
Oh wait. I have two too :P hur hur.

Your car : OUCH!

Shake Trees said...

walaueh... aiyo sorry lar, i don't make promises to anyone! then it wont be broken by any means. hahaha... so how? i cant do your meme leh... yipee... oh btw i don't want any1 to make me promises either. a lot of ppl cannot be trusted. if u trust some1, there's no need to make promises.

Z said...

I've finished doing the meme!

Ryan said...

Oh gosh, is that my name in the list?!

David The Man said...

Alan:
Yup, it is a little early for new year resolutions.

Hrugaar:
I guess so. Well, ten of them to be accomplished within 2 months is no big feat, yea.

Ah Bong:
Ya lah! Because I was plain lazy to write out all the blog names and URL links of our fellow bloggers.

Chester:
Hehehe... resolutions for the current and next year... that's it!

Coolgardy:
Yes, most people tend to break them, that's a fact for sure.
And, thanks for the simple advice in your comment.

Sam:
Hehehe... yes everyone is tagged!

Savante:
What a wreck my car was!
Well, as for my room, it is untidy all the time. Clean it once, and the next moment, it's dirty again!

Janvier:
Yup, it was fixed... for a whooping RM2900 plus have to pay RM550 for the damages I have done to the Proton Saga.
Two laptops, yes; one is the Dell Inspiron which is now 6 years old with defective speaker, keyboard and battery as well as the CD/DVD drives. The 2 wires that is hung on the wall are the respective chargers for my Nokia and Sony Ericsson mobiles.

Daniel Henry:
Yup, laptops are suitable for travellers.
Yes, I am OK after the accident but *sigh* I have to pay thousands for the damages I have caused.

rpmnut:
Currently, I have Acer Aspire, which is a WiFi-equipped notebook. The other one is the 6 year-old Dell Inspiron with various defective devices.

koala express:
Well, it's not the promises you make to anyone, rather for yourself! So, go and do your "promise" meme and tell us your promises you make for yourself only, ok.

Alan:
Good for you!

Ryan:
Yes. Now go and do your meme.

J.L said...

David when you drop by KL. Inform me.

pakcik said...

i dont even have laptop yet ;) ha ha..if my desk like that ar..i already go crazy..

David The Man said...

Chester:
Sure. I will be KL with my 2 Penang friends from 30th Nov to 2nd Dec. Maybe going to Pavillion on Sat.

Pakcik:
Welcome to my blog. Yes, the desk is getting dirtier and messier by the day, even by the hour! Hahaha...

Cyclohelix said...

hoho, i think i have even 'better' thrash rooms than yours, suffice to say, it is all clogged with heaps of mags, books, papers, coins and the worst is unopened plastic wrappings. DVD's are all over the place too..lol I try to write one meme as well, so stay tuned ;)

joshua said...

err i will meme the meme soon ok?

hmm that junction looks familiar...

David The Man said...

Cyclohelix:
I think your room needs a hell lot of time to clean up, so I guess you better clean your room soonest possible before those pile of trash gets any worse.

Joshua:
OK, as you wish. There is no hurry to it. Just that I want to see what your resolutions and promises for the new year are like.

Magus Young said...

o m g your poor car....n the one in the front no rasa..

David The Man said...

Magus:
Yup, because the back of the Proton Saga is hard-built and my car is soft-built. That's why so easy to get dented. By the way, it's fixed liao. Thanks for dropping by and leave a comment here. It's really hard to get you here, indeed!